- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jul 21 2021
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Rebuild the Guild at Genuwine
- Aug 02 2021
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chimay Sampling for Belgium Independence Day
Stop by Trevors, and join us for Belgium Independence Day Celebration. We will have over 3 beers to sample.
The Chimay brewery was founded inside Scourmont Abbey, in the Belgian municipality of Chimay in 1862. The brewery produces three ales as well as a patersbier for the monks themselves which is occasionally sold as Chimay Gold; they are known as Trappist beers because they are made in a Trappist monastery. Founded: September 19, 1862 (156 years ago)
- Chimay Red, 7% ABV. In the 75 cl bottle, it is known as Première. It is a dark brown colour dubbel and has a sweet, fruity aroma.
- Chimay Blue, 9% ABV darker ale. In the 75 cl bottle, it is known as Grande Réserve. This copper-brown beer has a light creamy head and a slightly bitter taste. Considered to be the “classic” Chimay ale, it exhibits a considerable depth of fruity, peppery character.
- Chimay Triple, 8% ABV golden tripel. In the 75 cl bottle, it is known as Cinq Cents. This crisp beer bears a light orange colour, and is the most hopped and driest of the three.