- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jul 21 2021
- Time: All of the day
- Rebuild the Guild at Genuwine
- Aug 02 2021
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Belgian Independence Day with Chimay
Stop by Puro Cigar Bar, and join us for Belgium Independence Day Celebration. Featuring Chimay Grand Reserve. $8 bottles
The brewery was founded inside Scourmont Abbey, in the Belgian municipality of Chimay in 1862. The brewery produces three ales as well as a patersbier for the monks themselves which is occasionally sold as Chimay Gold; they are known as Trappist beers because they are made in a Trappist monastery.
Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue) 9% abv
- The Chimay Blue Cap, baptized “Grande Reserve” in 750 ml bottles is a dark Trappist beer with a powerful aroma, the complex flavor of which improves across the years. It was first brewed as a Christmas beer by the monks of Scourmont Abbey in 1956.
- This authentic Belgian beer, whose tinge of fresh yeast is associated with a light rosy flowery touch, is particularly pleasant. Its aroma, perceived as one enjoys it, only accents the delightful sensations revealed by the odor, all revealing a light but agreeable caramelized note.
- It is ideally served at cellar temperature (10 to 12°C).