- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jul 21 2021
- Time: 14:00 - 16:00
- Rebuild the Guild at Genuwine
- Aug 02 2021
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Belgian Independence Day with Chimay
Stop by Boulders on Broadway, and join us for Belgium Independence Day Celebration. Featuring Chimay Cinq Cents. $7 bottles
The brewery was founded inside Scourmont Abbey, in the Belgian municipality of Chimay in 1862. The brewery produces three ales as well as a patersbier for the monks themselves which is occasionally sold as Chimay Gold; they are known as Trappist beers because they are made in a Trappist monastery.
Chimay Cinq Cents (White) 8% abv
- Named Cinq Cents in 75 cl (25.4 fl.oz.) bottles, this beer, with its typical golden color, slightly hazy appearance and fine head, is especially characterized by its aroma which results from an agreeable combination of fresh hops and yeast.
- It was first brewed by the monks of Chimay at Scourmont Abbey in 1966.
- Above all it is the fruity notes of muscat and raisins that give this beer a particularly attractive aroma.